Engineering qualification; Bachelor's degree in (Electrical, Electronic, Computer Science)
At least 3 years of proven experience in installation, maintenance and repairs of various computer equipment and software throughout the water and wastewater systems. This includes creating and maintaining process unit control systems and process control databases for Public Utilities.
Work experience in position of "SCADA" specialist/engineer in water supply sector in Sultanate of Oman including identification of faults and repair of SCADA system among its components; sensors, communication networking and hardware/software.
Strong knowledge of software packages, operating systems, and equipment; "ControlLogix PLC", Windows 7 & 10 as well as internet, modular, and satellite communication systems
Job Description/ duties and responsibilities:
- Attending to calls from projects managers and travel to operations' sites for fault identification of SCADA systems.
- Development of technical reports & ordering required spare parts.
- Install required software and maintenance of different types of cables including copper and fiber optics.
- Train SCADA operators for proper handling of available systems.
- Transfer knowledge of "SCADA" maintenance methodology to other team members.
- Attend SCADA related meetings with customer.
- Reply to customer's clarifications and notes related to SCADA.